Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #33
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Donaire vs John next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
You really don't think he's 'kicked on' though? Over the last year his opposition have improved markedly for me He couldn't get a big fight for years post-Vic but not he is fighting good to excellent fighters every time, including Chris John.

Obviously I'd love it if he fought Nishioka, Mares, Rigo then John, Salido and Gamboa but unfortunately we all know it doesn't work like that unless there is a super 6
Not really mate

Arum and TR have these guys under the same roof, it can be done, if he really wanted to make Gamboa Donaire at say 128 for arguments sake it could be signed off tomorrow and HBO would grab it with both hands

Edit; sorry ref kicked on - yes ofcourse he's held title's in upper divisions but he could be the #1 P4P fighter in the world with the level of opposition around him, he's got world beaters in the upper, lower and current division he's in, and with his ability he can beat every one of them and look good doing it!, for what its worth i think he'd punch holes through Abner Mares but that isnt gonna stop me crying my ass off for the fight!
thewinfella is offline  Top