Old 12-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #141
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Exactly, if he's letting John Watson back into a fight after dominating early what's he going to do at this level? I'm sure Rees has admitted in the past that he hasn't always lived the life and now he's in his 30's I think it's starting to tell.
Yeah he was in pubs, drinking and liked a ruck to. I think he was underwhelmed being at that level as well TBH. I think Lockett pulled him and told him he's got to work harder cos those fights the gassing was down to him maybe not pushing himself cos he knew he was a lot better then them.

Then again he tires then gets a second wind then stops them later in fight so it's a strange situation with him but he seems slightly fitter.

I think Frank W has to take a lot of blame, i remember Gavin being around 26-0 before even having a real notable fight. I mean before he beat M'Baye he faced 3 fights Watson, Chill John and Billy Smith. Gavin's natural talent and obviously good plan won him title but the match making left a lot to be desired he rotted for a long time the lad people forget that.

Matchroom have been steady with him, good and regular money for him but it's a shame he couldn't of got a easier fight for a title but he will relish this big chance.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top