View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #197
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400
Default Re: Is Ricky burns terrified of Adrian broner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm not saying that Burns 'should' take the fight because I've never said that he won't take it. The issue is with Burns' manager and promoter who are clearly nervous about the fight. The amount they want is unrealistically high.

The whole tone of the negotiations are telling. GBP approached Frank with an offer, who rejected because they need more time, apparently. Frank didn't approach them or counter with a realistic offer, they priced themselves out. Is this the tone of a camp who want the fight? Have they ever approached GBP or HBO, or are they merely rejecting offers?

I am certain Burns would take the fight tomorrow. However, I'm equally as certain in thinking that Frank and Burns' manager are scared he'll lose, so will only accept the fight when it's impossible to reject it.
"Speaking with the Heraldscotland.com, Morrison said “We are not taking the fight. Ricky doesn’t have the necessary strong mindset at the moment to undertake such a big fight.”

Ricky is the one who doesn't want the fight, not *****, he can't force burns to fight Broner
tmsbry is offline  Top