Old 12-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #97
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Alvarez Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
I find that bodyweight excercise is superior to weights.
This is a very broad statement. In what way do you feel bodyweight is superior to weights? What are you training for?

Quote:
The only weight lifting techinque I think is useful is the deadlift, and even then I would use a hex bar as opposed to a straight bar.
What makes the deadlift superior to the squat?

Quote:
At the end of the day, it's your body. You can do what you want with it, but I find it hard to believe that it was designed to manipulate hundreds of lbs of weights on a daily basis every day of your life.
Your body evolved to adapt to extreme stresses. Moving a few hundred pounds a day isn't much at all.

Quote:
Like I said, maybe it's just me that feels more limber and fleet footed since I've abandoned weights, but I find this hard to believe.
Plenty of athletes that are far faster than you, stronger than you, can jump further and higher than you use weights regularly in their training. If you feel lifting weights made you slower or whatever that's your opinion. Do some research into how to train correctly and try again while applying that knowledge, you'll notice a difference as do athletes that use weights.
viru§™ is offline  Top