Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: What if Mundine wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post

How so?
Unified world champ.
Ranked 2nd MW in the world by Ring and Boxrec.
If your asking about him being ranked above his dad...thats honestly something we might have to look at down the track.

But at face value I'd take Tony's patchy record against his level of opposition over Anthony's patchy record against his level.

If you are responding to me saying Geale isn't the fighter some make him out to be..well I scored the Sturm fight a draw, I've seen more clear cut fights go against guys in Germany multiple times and so have you I'm sure..so that result sort of bucked the trend somewhat.

Would you have been up in arms crying robbery if Dan hadn't got that decision? I wouldn't have, even though he did look the slightly better fighter overall.

Sturm was a solid champ and still was to a degree when Geale fought him. But wouldn't have gone as far as he did without his promotional help.

Maybe I'm just a cynic and don't have high expectations anymore...Don't get me wrong though I'm 100% behind Geale all the way, even though I wouldn't be devastated if Choc did somehow win..I'm neutral on that dude.
But there are contenders out there as good as Geale in my eyes..In terms of resume and accomplishments he has to be right up there, in terms of potential ability he is sitting under guys like Martinez and GGG...on level with a fair few guys.

I'm just trying to say don't be shocked if Geale does have a bit of trouble against Mundine...and other guys who you would think he would tear through..As I said I don't expect to much more of him, he career has gone better than I would have ever expected.
WhataRock is offline  Top