View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #29
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
What about options? Signing a fighter indefinitely?

Also what do you think of the boxing model vs UFC model?
Just about every state has a boxing/mma commission, the maximum amount of time a boxer can be signed for is 5yrs. I cant say anything the UK, I dont know but would like to. The options have conditions and obligations that have to be met in order for them to kick in. The promoter and manager feel if they are doing their job and meeting all their obligations and a fighter gets to the promiseland they should share in that pie. The option's are negotiable a manager or promoter are each jockeying for position to get the best deal they can. Most people think they should only sign for three years with no options. The only fighters getting those deals are the very elite.
I really dont follow MMA but from what I know and have seen, the ones making the money are the promoters. I have seen checks as low as $100US, wait til those MMA's guy's wiseup and get better deals for themselves. They truly deserve it, for all their training and pain they have to endure.
I dont know if there are MMA managers, I would think the UFC and other MMA promoters want to keep it that way.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top