View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
RingKing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Am I the only one who thinks Guerrero has a good chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianian58 View Post
-Floyd Mayweather is 35 years old.

-Though beating Cotto convincingly, he did strugle against him.

-He is also out from prison.

-Guerrero is a decent contender, and sometimes a decent contender is all that it takes for the probability of beating a faded star.

-He is also a young and hungry fighter.

I'm not saying Guerrero will 100 percent beat Floyd, I'm saying the time is almost perfect for Guerrero to beat him. And plus, mostly for the joke, Guerrero is easily broke through Andre Berto's flawless Shoulder Roll Defence.
I don't think you are the only one. I also give Guerrero a good chance of upsetting FMJ, if they fight. Guerrero, although, not a a great fighter can make it a rough night for FMJ.

I think of him as a bigger, stronger Hatton without the T-Rex arms, and he is a southpaw. Mentally, he is as strong as an undefeated Hatton was or more so right now since he beat up Berto.

I know a lot of people are going to claim that Berto is not FMJ, but he is similar in one or two areas. For starters, I would say Berto is about as fast as FMJ. Yes, the speed bothered Guerrero, but I think he did what he had to do, which was smother Berto and even up the fight a bit. He took one of Berto's advantages from him, but it remains to be seen if he can do it to FMJ. Guerrero also took some hellacious bombs from Berto the whole 12 rounds, so at least we know his chin can maybe withstand a few bombs from FMJ, but I don't see FMJ trying to throw bombs. I see FMJ trying to walk him down and try and intimidate him like he did Victor Ortiz. And if FMJ is going to throw one punch at a time like he has done sometimes, it will make Guerrero's night a little bit easier.

Guerrero is going to have to stay mentally strong the whole 12 rounds and not get frustrated by FMJ's shoulder roll and the fact that he won't be getting a clean looks at FMJ's chin, unless he creates openings for himself. And as a southpaw, he may find a few. He's also going to have to punch FMJ in the arms, chest, body, shoulders, etc...and make it a dogfight. Remember, I'm not saying dirty, just a rough and tumble fight.

It would be sweet if FMJ lost cuz he and PacMan don't deserve that big payday after screwing us fans out of a super-fight when they were both in their absolute prime.
RingKing is offline  Top