View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685
Default Re: No fighter could do what Foreman did in his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I prefer vitalis comeback to foreman.
I really cant see how they compare. Vitali was always in shape (and as i understand training), and had a very brief/ virtually nonexistent break when compared to Foreman's). Plus when foreman retired he really retired, no looking after himself whatsoever, by the look of the shape he was in.

Quote:

Foreman did great things that secured his place in my top ten but due to a set of close fights that resulted in changing of belts, I wouldn't say foreman was ever in the top 3 after his comeback.
I would agreeto with this to an extend, in that there was three belt holders, and certainly with the special situation regarding tyson, Holyfield, Bowe and Lewis, it was one of the few times where the lineal title was diluted, without a retirement. Still, Moorer was the true lineal champion and the man who beat the man. That makes Foreman the champ in much the same circumstances that Ali became the champion when he beat foreman even though he was struggling with NOrton and Frazier who Foreman demolished.

Dont foregt also that Vitali never became the number one after his comeback either. I would have thought Moorer probably only the third best fighter of his time, but has vitali ever beaten one of the three best fighters in the world. Off hand, i would have thought Chagaev, Povetkin, Haye and Wlad are probably the best bets to have filled those spots during the time of Vitalis comeback . I suppose you might argue Adamek who was similar to moore except for the fact that Adamek has never (and is not likely to ever0 beaten the best fighter in the world, close fight or not.
Boilermaker is offline  Top