View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #130
RingKing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Am I the only one who thinks Guerrero has a good chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit View Post
Floyd first fight with Castillio was close and floyd first time at 135 in which Castillo came in close to 147 then 135, even then with floyd hurt shoulder, floyd was able to hold his own on the inside with Castillo. If you don't give any of the fighter I mention credit for being great or even good inside fighters, I would like to hear your opinion on who is a good inside fighter today? Because that art appears to be lost on most fighters today.
Honestly, I can't think of any. I don't want to say it's a lost art, but it does take skill, determination, focus, and defense to be a great inside fighter. Most fighters today throw one or two punches and then immediately want to tie up.

The most recent fighter that I can recall that was a very good inside/pressure fighter was Antonio Margarito. He worked the body and head with a purpose. He threw a variety of punches while in close. Hooks to the liver, head shots, and his favorite (and underestimated) punch, the uppercut. He worked with both hands and his defense was not too shabby.
RingKing is offline  Top