View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #72
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100
Default Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao 5 . . . . why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555east View Post
sure Pac could have, but who else would he have fought? Pacquiao's options for the December fight were a Bradley rematch or face JMM again.

Arum and company were disappointed about the Bradley-Pac PPV sales compared to Pac-JMM .... thus JMM-Pacquiao 4.

as for the necessity of the 5th fight ... if people make a claim that Pac got robbed on the scorecards for the DRAW .. can't the same be said of the 3rd fight? where one judge had it 8 rounds to 4 for Pacquiao?

**it's still a marketable fight, but after four already, I feel like another Pac-JMM bout is a bit excessive.
It probably is but as you mentioned potential ppv sales help a lot in making fights. I cant see Bradley v Marquez being a bigger sell than a 5th Pac v Marquez fight. Much as I hate the way ppv decides things I have to say as a fan of the sport Id rather see Marquez in with Manny again than see him fight Bradley.
Giving the 3rd 8/4 to Manny was totally wrong by the way.
Pac in my opinion deserves a chance to have a go at Marquez again. If it ends in a debatable decision I might regret saying it especially if its in Manny`s favour.
p.Townend is offline  Top