Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #150
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322
Default Re: Pacquiao > Chavez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
It's just a load of bullshit. Blatantly incorrect facts once again. Chavez has equal stamina, he's demonstrated it time and time again over 12. He'll get "caught?" He has one of the best chins in boxing's history, and is an excellent defensive fighter. Your knowledge and your assessment of videos means nothing since you can't put a technical argument forward. You mentioned he's more skilled, I give you an array of fundamental skills Chavez surpasses Pacquiao with. You say he's faster and likes pressure, I mention a lesser fighter beating Manny by backing him up without the same speed. Then you laughably turn to Ring Magazine yearly rankings, as if they encapsulate the abilities of a fighter across generations.

You like Manny better. Doesn't change the facts. He's quicker, but he's not smarter. He's tough, but not tougher. He's great, but not the greatest. Get used to it. Who you beat is what matters, and in this era, Pac has accomplished a great deal, but not enough to suggest he easily surpasses Chavez and climbs the ranks of the top 10-15.

I'm not even against the idea that Manny can win, it's just that your reasoning is bullshit. You can't paint a picture of how the fight will go because you ignore every facet of truth that works against your favor. Manny can't fight on the inside, and he's been backed up and cornered by lesser pressure fighters. So once he's there what's hes going to do? Once you can answer that question, you can start finding real possibilities. But for now, stick to cherishing second-hand comments from known figures and arbitrary out-of-the-ring measurements of a fighter's ability. It seems to be the only way Pacquiao surpasses or beats Chavez in your head.
that is wrong, I said manny would have problems with the right hand of chavez and sure would chavez's fundamentals pose problems to manny.
also the body punching from chavez would pose problems, luckily ariza strenghten that and even a monster in margarito couldnt take out manny with that monster left body hook.

but still you just don't get it.

chavez superior skillwise to meldrick right, yet he lost on scorecards until the bullshit-descision from the ref. manny is like meldrick very fast and powerful puncher. I would say less faster, but more powerful in punching. manny's endurance and overall condition and his 12 round moving speed surpasses meldricks. meldrick won those rounds by punchign a lot and just going at it. and thats exactly manny pacquiao, he is a god of coming at you with full speed and force and unleashing hell. and thats a fact.

also chavez often was infighting having his hands down low and his head wide open, you think you can be infront of manny with your head wide open and nothing happening?

chavez 139 pounds vs taylor, first fight, wide open all the time. manny was 138 pounsd vs hatton, chavez always coming at his opponent and often like I said open, so you think chavez would have survived or wouldnt have been dazzled by a "hatton like punch" manny put on and with the power and strength he had at 138 pounds which is comparable to the 139 version of chavez vs taylor.
Chempasillo is offline  Top