View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #71
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Nice, Kashtanov is a good fighter but have to wait and see how he does against better opponents, I think he has an interim title now so should find out soon. Those guys are quality fighters but I think the next generation of Ukrainian pros from the olympics could be special, p4p sort of guys. I think Lomachenko is planning to turn pro in America, he's had talks with golden boy and top rank when he was in Miami. His father wants him to get the best deal, who knows who he'll be signed to in the end but I'd imagine every major promoter in the world would be putting their offers on the table. Lomachenko and his team mates agreed to a season of WSB but they seemed to make it pretty clear that they're not entering into anything long term with AIBA so that's a relief for us fans, would hate to see that sort of talent lost to that APB nonsense.
Kashtanov, was kicking Peter Quillan's ass in sparring, I believe from what I heard Top Rank passed on him I believe they are making a huge mistake. Goldenboy might make an offer since they signed Ogogo, but I hope they dont wind up with Lomachenko. The promoter for Lomachenko would be Top Rank. I know the guys with K2, I 'am going to call them and find out if they are interested or if not, why not, Lomachenko has the makings of an ATG. He beat Jose Ramirez like his daddy and Ramirez started crying that they got robbed that is until everybody saw the tape, they shutup quick. Ramirez just signed with Top Rank, he didnt look all that. I wonder why Top Rank didnt sign him, cos I have spoken to one of Top Ranks people and he loves Lomachenko. Eric Fowler found out the hard way that the WSB experience was a bad one for him fowler wanted to make his pro debut in Texas. The Texas boxing mission, informed Fowler that his WSB record stands as his pro record. He was 5-2, with the WSB, Fowler couldn't fight a four rd he had to fight a six rd guy.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top