Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #37
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default Re: Bert Sugar's top 10 ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Right. But they're not less impressive than the wins you listed for Tua, are they? In fact, they're more impressive.
No they're much less impressive. Tua KO'd Ruiz, he went on to become a champion, KO'd Rahman who went on to become undisputed champion, KO'd Moorer who was a highly regarded champion KO'd Maskaev who went on to become a champion.

Jameel Mcline lost almost every time he stepped up in opposition, Byrd barely beat him and 4 months later McLine was well beaten by Calvin Brock, I didn't even include Oquendo because I didn't rate it as one of his highest wins but Tua stopped him when he was unbeaten, DaVaryl Williamson again lost pretty much everytime he stepped up in quality Ross Purrity had 12 losses going in to the Byrd fight and had lost 2 in a row going into it, very good fighter yes but mainly a gatekeeper to test prospects (to make it clear he lost to a 12 bout Hasim Rahman) so how he's a better win I don't know.

Frankly I think you're pretty deluded or uneducated on the sport if you think those wins are better than Tua's.

Let's face it as well, as good as the win over Vitali was, it was down to a freak accident, if Lewis got an injury like that Tua might have beaten him.
iceferg is offline  Top