View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
bayu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Donaire: No. 1 PED-Free boxer pound for pound.

Nonito Donaire is the first boxer to have submitted himself to blood and urine testing by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association 365 days a year, 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. The test is randomly conducted inside or outside the training camp.

"I love this sport of boxing; it's something that has provided me all of the blessings that I have in life," Donaire told ESPN.com. "It's the least that I can do for myself, my fans and for the sport. To me, it's just a normal thing because I really don't have anything to hide in terms of my ability. I'm proud of where I am at because of my natural talent and hard work."

All the tests conducted by VADA were all negative. Boxing Scene quoted this correspondence: "VADA has conducted tests which include, but are not limited to, the Anabolic Steroids panel, Carbon Isotope Ratio (CIR/IRMS) tests for the presence of exogenous testosterone, and analyses to determine erythropoietin (EPO) and human growth hormone (hGH) administration. Although further analyses may be conducted on previous or future specimens, I can confirm that all results to date are negative."

This is the real olympic-style drug testing with having no cut-off dates for the tests being done. I doubt that any other boxer will try to emulate this.
bayu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links