View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #130
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760
Default Re: If Floyd Mayweather Jr fought in the 80's, he'd be one of the FAB. It'd be the Fa

I am not sure Floyd would have fought any of these guys.. for any amount of money... He is way too concerned about not ever losing.

I think his best chances would be against Duran and Leonard.. He may even get a draw or a win in 3 fights against them, depending on which version we are talking.

But he never beats Hearns due to styles, Hearns would knock Mayweather out, that is certain to me.. Hagler would also bully him around, he simply doesn't have the size, or the punching power to hurt Hagler..

The biggest thing is, Mayweather would have never fought any of them..

If old Mosley shook Mayweather with a big right, can you imagine Hearns connecting? Who was much better as a boxer, could box with Mayweather and was bigger, and also hit much harder than Mosley. I think the only thing that kept the Hitman from being the GOAT was his chin, and I just don't think Floyd would crack it.

Hagler was also just too big, would take anything Floyd had to offer, and brutalize him against the ropes...
Mind Reader is online now  Top