Great post, Juicebox.
Even though I am a former Amateur MW, (where the rules were pretty clear) even I get confused on some aspects of PRO boxing.
- Partly I think because the different governing bodies actually have different rules, or sometimes they purposely leaves things grey, so they can more easily manipulate the results.
I only skimmed through so far, but here's a question that I've never seen answered, and good luck trying to find an answer online:
WHAT, SPECIFICALLY, CONSTITUTES A "LANDED BLOW" ? - for instance:
* What about blocked shots?
* What about shots to the arm?
* How about those wimp-assed sideways thumb-shots that Vitali was throwing at Manual Charr?
* EXACTLY how far to the side can you hit, on both body & head, before it's illegal? - And what if you hit on the side or back because your opponent turned/ ducked like a little bitch after you started throwing?
let the games begin ..........