View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #29
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071
Default Re: The official 1 month countdown thread to mundine vs geale 2

http://www.bigpondsport.com/mundine-...6/default.aspx

Anthony Mundine has returned to the place where he last defeated Daniel Geale for inspiration ahead of their January 30 fight.
But the outspoken boxer claims he has received a timely shot in the arm ahead of his January 30 IBF middleweight world title bout with Daniel Geale by returning to the city where he last defeated his rival - Brisbane.
Mundine on Friday completed a month-long training stint in the Queensland capital where he claimed the controversial 2009 victory - Geale's only professional loss.
Mundine claimed there was 'something special' about Brisbane and believed the four-week camp had provided the finetuning needed ahead of his re-match with WBA Super and IBF titleholder Geale in Sydney later this month.
Not that Mundine sounded like a man who needed a pick-me-up on Friday.
'I always feel different when I leave this joint. I always feel a lot fitter and stronger,' Mundine said.
'Moving to a different climate, it's like altitude training for me.
'Now I am ready to shake the world up again.'
Geale lost his IBO middleweight title to Mundine on a split points decision in Brisbane in May 2009, but Mundine declined to give him a rematch.
The softly spoken Geale, 31, (28-1 record, 15 KOs) has uncharacteristically claimed he will knock out Mundine (44-4 record, 26 KOs).
Mundine agreed it would not go the distance - but for very different reasons.
'I want to end him and I can do it many ways,' said Mundine, who has won 21 of his past 22 fights.
'In my head, it is not going to go the distance. I am going to hurt him and stop him.
'They say he is a better fighter because he went to Germany and came back with a title but he was up against guys who suited him style-wise.
'I know he has a lot of heart, he is a great fighter but he is not on my level.'
The 37-year-old Mundine - who previously held the WBA super middleweight title - is a $3.36 outsider with bookies against hot favourite Geale ($1.30).
'They can't doubt me now but, once I win this fight, it will take my legacy to another stratosphere,' Mundine said.
'Age doesn't mean a thing. There are guys like Bernard Hopkins and George Foreman who were going in their 40s - I am a young boy in the sport.'
20a87 is offline  Top