View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #30
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: If Roy Jones Jr and Sugar Ray Leonard were the same size...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Thsi would be a great fight, perfectly matched, but i've got to go for the Leonard that beat Benitez, SRL has the chin & although his defence was'nt the best he compensated that by employing those ballistic multi combo barrages. I'm attempting to find a way where Roy can get the accendancy in this fight?

Holding ring centre & slugging it out with Ray spells eventual disaster for Roy. He'll do well with his countering but he'd have to emply maximum caution when he does as you've only got to look at the 13th round against Hearns when SRL opened up. More i ponder on this the more i see Leonard getting right onto Roys chest, Roy ai'nt gonna leg it like Tommy did & box & move from the ouside, it's all gonna be conducted mid range with SRL jumping Roy's counters, Leonard wins ugly by makes this a slugfest & wins a UD or KO.

Roy will definetly cause problems for leonard just as Duran did in Montreal as we saw Roberto outbox & outsmart leonard from Mid Range & near on KO'd him in the 2nd hence Leonard opted for safety by reckening he could over[power the older & smaller man & it turned into a disaster for him.

Roy's gonna land plenty early & look good doing it, but Leonard was such a vicious bastard & once he'd got the range of Roy he'll let it all go. This will be no chess match, it's a slugfest which i can't see Roy escaping unscathed, just can't see how Roy keeps SRL honest, Roy has not the natural phycotic aggression than Duran possesed juxtaposed with the skill & savvy that left Leonard truamatised. Roys gonna have to beat Ray up like Duran did & that just ai'nt gonna happen in Roy Jones Jr's case.
This is why I enjoy (most of) your posts Duranimal.You can be perfectly objective about Ray when required(the reference to Cholo notwithstanding)

I think a better question would be how Roy would fare against Marvin at 160.
PityTheFool is offline  Top