View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #19
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who is the best Scottish fighter of all time - Buchanan or Lynch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
aye, I remember Ken attributed his freakish stamina to swimming lengths underwater at his local swimming bahs, I believe him too as when i was a young 'un, I always remember men doing this at the swimming. The cunts would pop up at one one end of the pool, disappear & then pop back up again at the other end, the entire time me & my pals were larking around.

I was always a shit swimmer though, thats why I call them cunts.

I never met Ken, but my missus did when she went to by me a copy of his tartan legend book. She said he was really nice, cracking joes & having a laugh. Even gave my missus a kiss, the old charmer!

PS, Im no big fan of Jim Watt but he deserves a mention as when I watched his fight with Buchanan a couple of years back, I thought the young Watt edged it...

Yeah mate the Buchanan - Watt fight was real close. Watt dragged Ken into a war, being dragged into a war was one of Kens flaws, he could mix it with the best of them but was far better sticking to his boxing. Ken was past his best at the time he faught Watt, Watt was just before his prime. If it was prime for prime, Ken would have outboxed Jim in a tough fight. Watt was no mug.
rossco666 is online now  Top