lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: Bruce Wood**** v David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by young griffo View Post
On what grounds?

His Heavyweight resume consists of wins over a faded Monte Barrett and John Ruiz, a debatable decision over Nikolay Valuev, a stoppage of a pathetic Audley Harrison, a gutless effort against Wlad and the circus act against Chisora.

So you give Haye the title of the second greatest h2h British heavyweight based on this???

You're a smart guy but I just don't get why you rate him so highly off of so little.
I don't rate him second greatest, not by a long shot. I do rate him second best h2h.

Based on the eye test more than anything else and when doing cross era comparisons the cw division plays a large part also.

In his prime he lost to Wlad whilst amassing victories over:

Valuev, Ruiz, Chisora, Barrett, Mormeck, Maccarinelli, Fragomeni, Gurov, Abdoul.

Is it the greatest resume? no, but it's enough that I can label his skill set legit. He was out of his depth against Wlad, but I don't think anyone in british history outside of Lewis is anywhere near that level neither.

Hay has explosive hands in both speed and power. His upper body movement is top class. The guys you listed, I don't see what tools they have to beat Haye. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, but I am saying if I was a bookie I'd make them all underdogs against him.
lufcrazy is offline  Top