Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #65
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bruce Wood**** v David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I don't rate him second greatest, not by a long shot. I do rate him second best h2h.

Based on the eye test more than anything else and when doing cross era comparisons the cw division plays a large part also.

In his prime he lost to Wlad whilst amassing victories over:

Valuev, Ruiz, Chisora, Barrett, Mormeck, Maccarinelli, Fragomeni, Gurov, Abdoul.

Is it the greatest resume? no, but it's enough that I can label his skill set legit. He was out of his depth against Wlad, but I don't think anyone in british history outside of Lewis is anywhere near that level neither.

Hay has explosive hands in both speed and power. His upper body movement is top class. The guys you listed, I don't see what tools they have to beat Haye. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, but I am saying if I was a bookie I'd make them all underdogs against him.
Granted he has impressive physical tools and his Cruiser efforts were very good but at Heavyweight he's done next to nothing, certainly not enough to favour him over a big, powerful legit heavyweight like Bruno (whose losses to Smith, Witherspoon and Tyson 1 are arguably as impressive as wins over Harrison and Chisora ever were).

Would Haye be able to beat Lennox Lewis for 7 rounds, last 12 with Joe Frazier or even find a way to beat a 6'7 Heavyweight with decent skills like Akinwande?

I just don't see it based on what he's produced thus far.
young griffo is offline  Top