Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #825
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
a punch is a punch and a puncher can take out any man...I seen Chris handle Tua with ease and also stayed in with Vitali and he was supposed to the little guys with ease but there are other factors and the 190lbers from the 50's could crack
When did Byrd "take out" David Tua? He outboxed him. Never took out Vitali either, not in the tradition sense of knocking him out. I really don't get the point here. Are you trying to say that a fighter who beats another fighter in boxing only does so because they punched them harder, and not because they were more skilled, smarter, had a better gameplan etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
I agree that the size of guys has changed and the 190lbers from the 1950's would now weight 240lbs but never seen Byrd embarrassed like this
Rocky today would still fight in the cruiserweight division, though he'd probably be at the 200lb limit. Think someone like Giacobbe Fragomeni or Denis Lebedev. If he ever moved up to heavyweight he'd be morbidly obese.

Walcott might have made the grade a little better, but no way does he reach the 240s without turning himself into a human punchingbag. Most modern heavyweights are only in the 240s because they're lazy. Unless you're over six four/six five, you're not going to be able to hold that weight well and still be able to fight at your best.
Absolutely! is offline  Top