View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #24
BCS8

vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime corrie sanders vs vitali

[nonito] "I'm quite sure that Sanders' prime is the Wladimir fight and the Wladimir fight only."

I'm quite sure that you haven't watched many Sanders fights

[synthetic decay] "He was a very hot and cold fighter though."

Agreed. He simply did not fight enough. He had some fights that were real stinkers by the standards of his potential, purely due to ring rust.

[synthetic decay] "I think this fight underlines the fact that Vitali was never a big puncher."

He doesn't look like a huge puncher, true enough ... yet his KO record suggests otherwise.

[brighton bomber] "I don't think any version of Sanders we saw would have ever beat Vitali."

I disagree. When he was younger he had plenty of stamina, was an active fighter, and used to jab a hell of a lot. Granted his jab was typically used to range-find and didn't do much damage per se ... but it did rack up the points. I think that a younger Sanders had a reasonable chance of outpointing Vitali.

[brighton bomber] "He also had a terrible chin"

No. Not an epic chin like Vitali's, but he had a sturdy enough beard. The punches that Tubbs managed to land would have put 90% of heavyweights to sleep.

Maybe we ought to turn the question around ... How would current Vitali have done against 38 year old Sanders

I think that in a battle of the "old geezers", Sanders takes it
BCS8 is offline  Top