View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #13
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987
Default Re: Martinez vs golovkin

I'm going Martinez at this point. Golovkin obviously has power in both hands, an iron chin by the looks of things, good technical skills and good timing, but average handspeed and a tendency to telegraph and load up on his punches. I don't actually see him as a good composite puncher as I rarely see him put good looking combinations together and mix it up to body and head in such a way, mainly because I don't think he trusts his own hand speed. He's not your typical pressure fighter either so I'm not sure how well he could cut off the ring against somebody as quick as Martinez.

Sergio isn't hard to hit, but he has clear speed and athletic advantages here and should be able to do a similar job to what he did against Chavez. Golovkin is obviously going to be very dangerous with his power and he's technicaly skilled and not some wild swing for the fences type of KO artist, but Martinez should have enough advantages to cruise to a decision whilst enduring some hairy moments.

I'd rather see Golovkin vs Chavez first in all honesty. I think he needs a chance to prove himself first.
TommyV is offline  Top