Old 01-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #134
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: the method - johnny famechon

Quote:
Originally Posted by atigerofold View Post
With current boxers, I immediately introduce the catching and ducking techniques, and also the leaps back and away from my attacks.
..I like to teach this little leap/hop back to stay outside the jab/straight right..(mainly because personally I'm hopeless at slipping and parrying but I kind of have a handle on distancing)..
..I think there's two ways to go here..one is the pivot off to the outside of the jab..away from the right..and the other is to do a long hop back..do this a few times..then chuck a short hop in..then whamo..you walk them onto your own right..even a short hop then long step backwards...then throw in a short hop back followed by another short step..unexpectingly closing the distance once again..
..then best exponents of this I reckon are fencers..I think alot about footwork can be learnt by watching fencing...

..the most recent demonstration of varying the distance was when Pacquiao got the gift decision against JMM...Marquez is a master at it..and he had the Pacman walking onto his right hands all night in that fight..
..just afew random boxing thoughts anyway..
darkhorse is offline  Top