View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #60
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post

Anderson still has a bit to go to beat Fedor on longevity, Fedor is the most dominant fighter in MMA history.

Fedor was handing absolute legends like Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera their first ever defeats around the same time Anderson was being submitted via triangle choke & flying heelhooks by B level Japanese fighters, memories can be short at times, not mine though.
Like I said before bed, longevity is spanning over time. From generation to generation. Anderson Silva may have not had the undefeated streak that Fedor did, but he has been fighting the Best Mixed Martial Artist in the World this whole time and was a Champion in two different eras.

And I'm glad the lot of you throw that "Fedor was kicking arse while Silva was tapping" because I will always respond with a "Anderson Silva was fighting the Best in the World while Fedor was tapping, getting brutalized, and being punched out; glossing that record over with 3 cans and calling it a day. , I truly am laughing as we continue to ignore the big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
This paragraph alone tells me that you don`t have a clue what`s going on.
It's true, they were the Best HWs in the World and Fedor sat out. He rode that Pride streak for as long as it carried him, but his fans are still on that wave to nowhere. It will come crashing down as Anderson Silva finishes out his career, I am a really good feeling about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Missed that one...Mir, Carwin and Lesnar were never the best HW in the world. Even Couture wasn't that good at HW.

Boddi you seems to forget how weak the UFC HW used to be... !
Yes they were, and the best Fighters in the World could all be found in The UFC after Pride died. CC migrated, Rampage, The Axe Murderer, Big Nog and many others. But, Fedor wanted no part of it of that UFC roster, and did things his way.

Mir, Carwin, and pre-diverticulitis Lesnar were all much better than competition than Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, and Brett Rogers. After Fedor beat Tim Sylvia, the man was beaten by a 40yo Boxer in 10 seconds.... If that's not enough for you, know that both him and Arlovski haven't fought their way back to the top since. I'm telling you Ne5, he wanted no part of that UFC roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchmoore View Post
Silva doesn't have those defining wins to rank above fedor. Hendo was a corpse at the weight.
That same corpse made weight for the next year, and won both of those fights. Just another poor excuse. If we are gonna live by the record books, remember how Fedor's career ended, and who he fought. Remember that Anderson Silva tapped out a man that punched out Fedor.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top