View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #2850
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Masao Ohba W15 Betulio Gonzalez - Bumped this to the top of my watch list after a thread about it turned up. This is the best and most entertaining version of Gonzalez I've seen. But I had it 8-7 for Ohba. Ultimately, I didn't think GOnzalez landed enough in most of the rounds he lost to offset Ohba's jab and aggression.

Azumah Nelson W12 Marcos Villasana I Loved this fight. A lot of ebb and flow. Nelson started out like he always does with that withering but intelligent pressure. I liked how Villasana kept him at bay at times with jabs to the body. After Villasana held the fort for a few rounds, Nelson decided to box and very effectively. He gave a pressing Villasana a pretty good paint job in a round and made him miss alot. Villasana adjusted next round and went to a heavy body attack. Nelson then began walking him down again and these tactics shifted more frequently later in the fight. Loved this fight. My opinion of both fighters increased. Villasana showed a little more smarts and ring generalship than I remembered. Nelson showed a lot of versatility in this fight. Still one of the strongest fighters P4P I've seen and the intelligent pressure is his best play, but only guys like Whitaker and Sanchez were going to outbox him. I look forward to watching the rematch soon and revisiting Fenech - Villasana.
natonic is offline  Top