View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #36
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan is finished

Khan is a very skilful young boxer and I think he is far from finished.The "wonder kid" bubble has burst and my suspicions about his inability to cope with pressure have not gone away. Careful matching while he works on his defence will help but the simple truth is Khan is sparkled too easily and this will in time slow him down. I have now seen him recover well from being sparkled both as an amateur and as a pro. This shows him to have a lot of heart and good survival instincts. However the fact that he has to show these qualities so early in his career will be worrying for his team. Khan’s team, along with the bookies expected this bout to be a whole lot easier than it turned out. To Khan’s credit he weathered the storm and threw everything he had into rounds 7 & 8, I believe burning himself out in the process. On the night it worked, but it could so easily have gone wrong.

The problem his team have now is that having taken a risk that came close to backfiring Khan will be seen by rivals as ripe fruit ready for the taking. If He relinquishes the Commonwealth title his image would be further tarnished, but can they risk him in a defence against a mandatory challenger who is a big hitter? What if Alex Arthur moves up to lightweight? I do not see Khan’s team accepting a title challenge from him. I think there will be a touch of the PBF in his future career, where good inside fighters and big hitters will be ducked.

p.s.Quite liked the shorts.

Last edited by AllyT; 07-15-2007 at 12:13 PM.
AllyT is offline  Top