Old 01-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #34
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: - ESB Official Gegard Mousasi Train - First stop UFC debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
I absolutely agree that Jones mauls him.
So does everyone. Bar the OP, which was clearly a Tongue-in-cheek 'let's start a train post', no one thinks Mousasi is waiting to win a title first chance he gets.

Anyone who has watched the fight with Mo (who again, I seem to rate and no one else does, his MMA boxing was looking really good, even before Feijao caught him) knows how Mousasi will fare against the wrestling-heavy UFC elite.

But they can navigate him around it. He could fight Cung Le on an Oriental card (ex Pride guy and a Vietnamese; Zuffa love these matchups) or Leben, for a guaranteed stand-up battle (and Mousasi likely tears Chris to shreds) or Phillipou.

At light heavy a bout with Gustaffson would be an intriguing stand-up clash I know that.

As for the Weidman fight, I think it's a horrible matchup for him. Interested to see of Weidman's lack of experience might go against him, or that he might not be able to blend his game so well with such a technical striker in front of him. I'd expect a fight similar to the Lawal fight, but with Weidman's more inventive game standing and on the ground to force Mousasi into more.

I can't see how that isn't an interesting fight regardless.

But 'Bones'? No way.
Flea Man is offline  Top