View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #22
p4pBute
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pavlik left with Bute or a stay busy fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffie View Post
That's a link explaining that the WBC will order the Bika-Sjekloca winner to fight Bute in May. That also says negociations with Pavlik are going nowhere.

http://www.985sports.ca/combats/nouv...ps-200350.html

In a radio interview, Bute's promoter said that he was in very good terms with Eddy Hearn. I think Bute's plans are now to gain the WBC belt and then to make a big unification fight with Froch, if he wins against Kessler. Froch's plans are to avenge his defeat against Kessler, win his WBC title back against Bute and then face Andre Ward. Both men can help the other one to reach their respective goals: to avenge their defeats and unify the titles.

Froch has to win against Kessler though.

i don't see how Pavlik could help Bute better than the previous scenario.

Name recognition some times means more then a belt, I think a heavy puncher like Kelly will be the favorite if this fight came about, an I think a wide UD or a KO on butes part would carry a lot more wait then the WBC belt. Plus it is not the real WBC, but there second place verison (intern), ward is the top WBC belt holder.

The only way that belt means anything, is if WBC makes ward have to fight the winner of the May showdown... An if Bute fights pavilk in april, three months from there is July, not much further along....

Last edited by p4pBute; 01-15-2013 at 04:20 PM.
p4pBute is offline  Top