View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #198
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: Deontay Wilders next fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
I've heard Wilder and his team calling out a number of bigger names in the past then fighting some complete no-hoper at the last minute instead. Once, maybe twice, I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he seems to be making a habit of it whilst continuing to fight absolutely dire opposition. If Wilder is such a stud that all these guys keep pulling out in fear then his team needs to have a backup option that doesn't involve going down to the local leisure centre and pulling the first random scrub they find. Personally speaking I don't think Wilder should be fighting anyone on that level until he steps his game up. There are plenty of solid journeymen in need of a payday that would put rounds under his belt, if Wilder is actually interested in gaining experience and not just maintaining his smoke and mirrors KO streak.
I don't think anyone said Wilder is the most feared man in the division.
I believe I specifically pointed to only one fighter who backed out and that was Tyson Fury.

Before teh Price fight Deontay and his promotions main deal was refining his craft and training him how to box like a professional and protect his chin.

Wilder should stay busy and increase his ring experience and skill level, via camps and sparring with fighters who are of higher class than him, like Wlad and Haye.

Deontay isn't hyped on a KO streak by the way, that was someone else, he got KO'd the moment he stepped up.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top