Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just rewatched Froch/kessler 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
It might be just seeing what I want to see, but I'm not sure Kessler has got another 12 round war left in him, I could see him folding late, maybe even a corner stoppage around round 9, if Froch brings his A game and forces the fight.
Yes I think the Ward-Kessler fight showed that Kessler's loss to Calz seemed to have taken a lot out of him with regard to belief. I know Ward got away with a disgraceful level of billy goating in that fight but Kessler was far too easily bullied. Then against Froch my memories of the fight were that Kessler was lucky Froch's work rate was low and that Froch didn't follow through on any attacks. Haven't seen the fight since that night but my lasting impression was that Froch was carrying the distinctly heavier hands but just sat back after landing anything significant and got outworked. Fairplay to Kessler for that but unless he has had a rejuvenation of late, surely Froch won't be so reticent in front of his home crowd. Whatever though, Kessler still carries that lightning right hand and Froch still tends to plough in like a caveman so should be good again.
HOF is offline  Top