View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
NWS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Hearns is undoubtedly the hardest WW hitter or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Tywin View Post
I think Robinson hit at least as hard. He carried his power up to middleweight. Hearns never really did. Robinson just had a different mindset. He was content to box and make the fight easy but if you pressed him, or he wanted to end it, he could.
Yeah, like George "Sugar" Costner on two separate occasions. You can't tell me he couldn't of knocked the daylights out of numerous other opponents if he felt so compelled. We're talking about a fighter that had well over 100 career KOs and is one of the top ten P4P punchers in history. No way in hell is it even remotely acceptable to me to agree Hearns was undoubtedly the hardest hitter. Bullshit.

I think he actually became an even bigger puncher when he moved up and fought regularly above 150 lbs... Look at his list of victims: LaMotta TKO13, Fullmer KO5, Turpin TKO10, Olson (x3) KO12, KO2, KO4, Graziano KO3, Villemain TKO9, Belloise TKO7, Basora KO1, Rindone (x2) TKO6, KO6, Stretz KO5, Hecht KO2, etc etc. Obviously, power is far from the only part of the equation, but it's significant nonetheless. There was a stretch during which time he was on his way out of the Welterweight division and looking to make himself the most viable middleweight contender and he lit just about everyone in his path the **** up.
NWS is offline  Top