View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #22
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Got my ass kicked in sparring by a 13 year old last night!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
he is allot smaller than me..he was trying to take my head off..but not hurting me...i didnt throw it with the intent of hurting him or knocking him down..just let a left hook out...i didnt in any way try to put any force on him...im just 33 and 230 and he is 13 and 120, so when it hit him he went flying back into the ropes and went down.

Sounds like the situation I found myself in when I was a young teen. I was boxing and had two sets of 12 oz. gloves at home and one of my older cousins came by for a visit.

He was in his mid 20's, weighed about 250 and stood 6' 4" tall. I, on the other hand, weighed 140, was about 14-15 and stood 5' 9" tall.

Somehow, can't remember the details, we got the gloves on and headed out to the back room of the house that was pretty much an empty one. He let me whack him several times and kept holding back and I was getting a bit ****y. Then he asked me if I was ready and whacked me across the room with a straight right. I came back at him and got a left hook for my efforts that if a wall hadn't been there I might still be flying.

I learned a valuable lesson that day. The old adage about "The bigger they are, the harder they fall" may sometimes apply, but usually it's "The bigger they are, the harder they hit."
gumbo2176 is offline  Top