Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #32
critix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan senchenko being negotiated for april 20 at 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
There's a huge difference between a Senchenko and a Matthysse. There is some middle ground in there and that's the type of fighter Khan should be fighting. Beating up a joke of an opponent like Molina or Senchenko doesn't help Khan progress. He needs tricky or difficult fights, where he has to rely on his new found abilities to win, rather than absolute mismatches were he can afford to revert back to his old flaws and still win by a landslide.

It looks like Alvarado has been signed to fight Rios again, but he'd have been a good opponent. Ajose is another who would pose a good test but not be a major threat. Allakhverdiev looked alright against Guzman, so maybe him? Josesito at 147lbs would be fine. Mike Jones, perhaps?

There are plenty of guys out there who are in between a 'walkover' and a fight you'd expect Khan to lose. Not only would it be better for the fans if that was the opponent, Khan would learn more from being in the ring with someone who asks him a few questions.
I agree.....however, I think if this fight is at 147 then it's a good fight for Khan. First off it will allow him to test the waters at 147, potentially lines up a showdown with Kell Brook for a world title, and then the bigger fights after that if he gets through...i think it depends on what Khan's plans are....he can even wait for Danny to come to 147 to be honest...
critix is offline  Top