View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #80
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bonte: 'If Vitali fights on, it'll be v the Arreola- Stiverne winner'

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraharakisuke View Post
I never said Wlad was responsible. It was more of a clash of styles. Wlad is a safety first, **** him up 2nd, fighter. His brother is more domineering, is less concerned with David's power. (btw I do think, even now, that Vitali would beat Haye).

Also Haye gets shat on by so many on this forum for "running" from Wlad. He spent the entire fight in range or there abouts, he just wasn't good enough to get to Wlad; but who is?
Thing is, according to most people over the years (fewer every fight) who say there's a blueprint for beating Wlad, the only way to do it is to blitz him early, get in his face and destroy him. Before the fight, Haye/Booth suggested, if only indirectly, that they understood this, but the attempts to get inside were a little less spirited than what was required IMO. I agree though, I don't think anyone stands a chance of getting inside long enough to topple Wlad now that his footwork is so good, perfected by Steward.
gobblock is offline  Top