View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #972
gentleman jim
gentleman jim
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

As much a Marciano lover as I am, I think this might be a fight where sze does matter. Rocky would be giving away 6 or 7 inches in height, over a foot in reach and about 50 lbs in weight..and it isn't fat either. Now if Rocky can reach Vlads chin consistently enough sure he could take him out but could he reach it enough? Vlad would know that Rocky first has to work his way inside and he would do his damndest to avoid that from happening. He has a very good jab and I'm sure he would use it to the max to keep Rocky on the outside. He also moves very well for a man of his size and wouldn't plan on staying right in front of Marciano...at least not for long anyway. If Rocky had Dempsey's reach and Frazier's quicker attack...at least after Joe's warmed up then he would stand a better chance of getting inside. Dempsey would fare better in a match against Vlad due to his reach and speed of attack as well as his faster hands. I could see Jack bobbing his way inside and whipping a left hook to Vlads chin that puts the bigger man in survival mode. Boxing is all about styles and as much as I love Marciano this might be a bad matchup for him stylewise and sizewise....Though I wouldn't bet my lifesavings on the outcome.
gentleman jim is offline  Top