Old 01-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #75
L.J.KEYS.
C♯ Sharp or B♭ Flat
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan senchenko being negotiated for april 20 at 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Its not like he's jumping up a whole old school weight division, its only 7 pounds for God sakes.

When a fighter gets mullered like Khan did against Garcia there will always be a level of rebuilding and this means fighting lesser boxers, every champion who gets beat in that manner does the same. Its not just to put into practice what has been learned in the gym with his new trainer but its more a confidence builder. Senchenko isn't a bad fight in this context, he isn't a bad fight at all. The only disappointment is that if Khan is looking for confidence building and learning fights at this stage he should be in the ring at least every 3 months
I'm not saying Senchenko is that bad a fight, I just don't get the weight jumping. You say it's only 7 pounds, but Khan's been dropped by super featherweights, knocked out at lightweight and at light welter, so given the nature of his punch resistance a move upto welter just doesn't seem a clever move. I guess you could argue moving up might help his chin, but that hasn't happened so far in his career.
L.J.KEYS. is offline  Top