Originally Posted by HOUDINI
LOTS of evidence it was no dive:
1) Listons legs twitch while he lay on the canvas.
2) Minutes after the fight was stopped and crowds are pouring in the ring Liston does a studder step to one side.
3) Listons trainers alone with Liston in his dressing room after the fight stated that Liston asked for smelling salts.
4) No evidence was ever found that a fix indeed occurred.
5) Liston was hit on the chin while stepping foreword thus increasing the punches power.
6) Listons lead foot was lifted off the canvas from the force of Ali's blow.
7) Liston trained like a demon for the fight. You don't get into that great of shape knowing its a fix.
Those at ringside who actually saw the punch stated it was a true KO..Torres, Patterson, Damato among others.
Ali did not act alone. Keep your eye on the grassy knoll during thei fight.