View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Re: If Rid**** Bowe had the dedication of Marciano? Would he be one of the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post

Disagree strongly here. Bowe's very style had him shipping punishment and putting himself into his opponent's wheelhouse almost every time out. It was his MO. Take one to give one. Golota was far from the first time he got busted up. He was already displaying signs of brain damage at the end of the Holyfield trilogy, and got rocked bad numerous times against Herbie Hide two years before. That's just off the top of my head. Was also a notorious gym warrior I believe.
So aside from the Golota wars, when he was already past it, and the Holyfield fights, a fighter so good that he dealt out punishment to virtually every fighter he ever stepped in the ring with, who else put beatings on Rid**** Bowe? Herbie Hide? He landed some shots. So what? Mercer and Bruno landed shots on Lewis. McCall and Rahman obviously landed shots on Lewis. Vitali, too. I think too much is made of Bowe supposedly shipping inordinate amount of punishment through his career. He got hit. A lot of great fighters did.

Who else put a beating on Bowe?
Addie is offline  Top