View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #27
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: duran v leonard greatness comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder View Post
Duran is Greater:

Leonared was great, but cherry picked. The only great fight I can think of was Hearns 1.

He lost his greatest fight to Duran, So that proves head to head Duran was the better fighter. He was also older and coming up in weight. Leonard was at peak.

His revenge against Duran. Cherry picked, he knew Duran balloneed up and had partied.

Hearns he would not rematch until FAR later and Hearns Beat him.

Duran went 15 with a younger and fresher Hagler, Very competitive fight. Leonard... waited.. waited and waited. And won a very controversal decision in Haglers last fight. ( he did not look great)

He did beat benitez, Duran could not. But Duran has Barkley as a great win. This is WELL past his prime and WELL past his weight fighting a champion far younger and stronger.

Leonard..... Nada.

Duran fought into his late 40's ..... And beat many contenders way past his best. Leonard did not age well.

Duran is a clear winner, But Leonard is not more than 15 places from him. GVreat fighters both. But Duran , Head to head, peak to peak , Lb for Lb is better, Fought much better past his weight class, and for much longer.
While some/much of what you say is true it is to slanted, biased and angry sounding to be taken as unequivical truth....also again while containing truth it is slanted and incomplete....you are not painting a full picture...You like Duran and don't like Leonard, we get it!.....although I still rate Duran higher...

Losing to Duran (which you mention), is not as big of a minus as losing to DeJesus (not meant as a slam on Duran or DeJesus)....Both men avenged this loss although certainly in different fashion....

Duran was obliterated by Hearns (no great shame) in as decisive a manner as anyone ever...and to me is a bigger minus than SRL/ Norris-Camacho...

You give credit to Duran for losing to Hagler and strip Leonard for beating him (some crazy logic at work here?), a mystery to me and I scored the SRL fight for Hagler.

Sounds like you are using whatever tool available to denigrate Leonard rather than taking a clear and balanced total picture view.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top