Old 01-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #14
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100
Default Re: Just rewatched Froch/kessler 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Something that hasn't been mentioned much, is the weight.

Comparing Kessler at the weigh in for Magee and Froch 1, he looks a lot drier, he was ripped for the Froch fight, but noticably less so for Magee, of course the opponent was lesser, but Kessler is mid 30's and a big, heavy set dude, who has always had faint questions about his suitability to 168. He did go up to 175 for the green fight where he was also floored.

It might be just seeing what I want to see, but I'm not sure Kessler has got another 12 round war left in him, I could see him folding late, maybe even a corner stoppage around round 9, if Froch brings his A game and forces the fight.
We were discussing this in the club earlier. Kess clearly has had probs with the weight and it looked as though he might move up. Then in the Magee fight he looked strong again. My mate reckons Froch could possibly make middle or at least has a smaller build for a super and I can kind of see his point. I think getting the weight,diet etc is more important to Kess than Froch .If Kessler gets it right he wins for me. If he is struggling its a great chance for Carl.
It would not be a huge surprise if Kessler pulled out with an"injury" due to weight problems but lets hope not!
p.Townend is offline  Top