Old 01-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #37
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysSplitNose View Post
Great poster McVey - ref the Marciano quote I suspect Marciano wanted to say some good things about Joe because he loved the guy - all I need to do is watch the films to know with my own eyes that Louis barely registered at all on Marciano though - ps gutted you don't have The Hague fight - what was your impression of the bits you saw?
My impression is probably influenced by what I've read of the fight since.

Excerpts of the first two rounds and the ko in the 4th . Why on earth the knockdown of Langford is not on the super 8mm film Ie no idea
Langford walks his way around Hague who is a stocky block of a fighter.Hague looks very crude and fleshy,but he absorbs punches quite well before Langford lowers the boom in the 4th round with a right cross that catches Hague flush and ko's him ,and I mean kos him, he is out senseless.
Langford's knockdown happened in the 3rd round but I haven't seen it apparently he walked into Hague's patented right swing and was bowled over.
Hague is said to have gone right hand mad then ,while Langford covered up , concentrating on riding out the storm. Class asserted itself in the 4th and final round, from memory and bearing in mind it is only 4 rds, It looked like Secretariat running against a donkey.
mcvey is offline  Top