View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #44
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: What is Steve Collins Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUG View Post
In 1994 (year before first Collins fight) Eubank made six defences, apart from a 7th round stoppage of Sam Storey they all went the distance, add to that rumoured weight making problems he looked jaded and old in both fights with Collins (particularly the first)

I don't think Collins would have beaten a prime Eubank (or Benn), and do you think Collins could have gone up to Cruiser and nearly beat Carl Thompson?

Either way, I hope this travesty with Jones doesn't take place now.
Eubank fought a far better fight in the first fight than the second one(where he got dominated, even after a very active year in 94. Collins would have had a great shot at beating a prime Eubank, who could look excellent in some fights and poor in others. If good, but hardly great, fighters Ray Close, Michael Watson and a few others could push him close (a few deserved the nod against him) Steve Collins certainly has a shot. Cant see the relevance in your point Carl Thompson tbh, but whatever.

Agreed on the last point though, Jones-Collins would be a farce, and I wish both of them would **** off into retirement
sportofkings is offline  Top