Old 01-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #38
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sailor Tom v Irish Jerry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Watch Quarry vs Brassell. Brassel who has but 5 ko's in 25 fights, really had Quarry in trouble in round one. I do not think Shavers lasted long enough to land anything significant on Quarry, and IMO the stoppage could be viewed as pre-mature.

I never saw Quarry vs Mac Foster, so no comment there.
I had ringside seat to Quarry vs Lyle,Foster,Shavers and Jerry got hit but he had a solid set of whiskers and was a master at fighting the Big Slow guys (I like his chances vs Foreman) Quarry had trouble with only the Greater fighters of his era Ali and Frazier for the most part and could be speed but I think he was just put in with great as opposed to very good

Another fight I went to was Quarry -Alexander and although not renowned Joe Alexander landed a ferocious shot on Jerry and I saw sparks fly off Jerry's butt when he hit the floor but to his credit he got up and dispatched of Joe

Sailor Tom was stopped a few times and no matter how hard we stretch it could we really say Jeffries, Fitz and the gang could endure a ring with Jerry's trophies ...dont get me wrong Fitz could whack but how long can he take the whacks from Jerry &co

Bummy Davis is offline  Top