View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: How do you see Martinez-Golovkin going.

I'd take Golovkin, no issue. It'd be a very tough fight, Martinez poses him some awkward stylistic problems, but at the same time Golovkin causes Sergio a lot of problems too. Sergio gives Gennady movement, speed, unorthodoxy he's never seen. I could see Golovkin eating some punches big time but I think he's schooled enough not to get caught square like PWil. Then you gotta look at the fact Golovkin is a ridiculously bad guy to give impetus too. He's like Cotto at 140 was, he was a guy you didn't want to give ground too, you don't want to give him confidence in a fight because he likes to see a guy going backwards and on the ropes, thats when he gets leverage into shots.

I just think Martinez ain't superman, if there is one guy where he could be broken down and look his age at last, its against someone who can take a punch, give a better one, and is relentless but not reckless. Reckless ain't the way, thats how you get sparked out by Martinez's sneaky power, but Golovkin isn't a huge risk taker.
TFFP is offline  Top