Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #13
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye: Will Klitschko quit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
There is a significant portion of the Boxing fanbase calling out for Vitali/Haye. It would be a big payday for both men and has the potential to be an interesting and exiting fight for fans. I dont think that, at this moment, there is a valid reason for it not to happen. Haye beat Chisora who gave Vitali a hard time and there is no one out there who poses more of a threat to Vitali than Haye, and certainly no one out there who could attract the media interest that Haye could.

Vitali could walk, he could quit and for the rest of his life claim a place in history as an extremely successful heavyweight and arguably one of the best of all time, but if he did so people would always be on his back for never fighting Haye and he and his fans would never be able to get away of accusing Lewis of ducking him without others accusing him of ducking Haye.

I want to see it happen, I'd support Haye during it because, quite frankly, I'm British and I'd like to have a British World Champion, but mainly I want to see it because its one of the few heavyweight clashes that would drum up a lot of public interest, its one of the few heavyweight bouts that could raise the sport's profile, and for that reason it would be good for Boxing - provided, of course, the fight wasn't a stinker.
Neverchair is offline  Top