View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #135
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Sorry if it's already been asked, but who do you consider the best US promoter to deal with? Taking in to account fighter pay, paying on time etc.
The best US promoter for me to deal with, pay-wise, paying on time, is without a doubt Top Rank. The thing a fighter should look at is does the promoter do shows on a regular basis, do they have TV, can the promoter deliver on the promises they make?
There are only two that have all the power, and thats Gboy and Top Rank.

-Top Rank gives you the time to develop, Gboy has a policy of sink or swim with their fighters.
-Top Rank has built from scratch some of the biggest names in boxing, including Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Pavlik.
-Top Rank has two HOF's on staff, Arum and Bruce Trampler, who have worked with a who's, who of boxing for the 30+yrs, Ali, Foreman,Duran, Leonard, Hearns, Benitez, Hagler, Benitez, so the edge in experience and knowing how to work the talent is hands down with Top Rank.
-Pay from what I have experienced and hearing from others Top Rank pays better than anybody.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top