View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #141
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
The best US promoter for me to deal with, pay-wise, paying on time, is without a doubt Top Rank. The thing a fighter should look at is does the promoter do shows on a regular basis, do they have TV, can the promoter deliver on the promises they make?
There are only two that have all the power, and thats Gboy and Top Rank.

-Top Rank gives you the time to develop, Gboy has a policy of sink or swim with their fighters.
-Top Rank has built from scratch some of the biggest names in boxing, including Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Pavlik.
-Top Rank has two HOF's on staff, Arum and Bruce Trampler, who have worked with a who's, who of boxing for the 30+yrs, Ali, Foreman,Duran, Leonard, Hearns, Benitez, Hagler, Benitez, so the edge in experience and knowing how to work the talent is hands down with Top Rank.
-Pay from what I have experienced and hearing from others Top Rank pays better than anybody.
Thanks Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Would a boxer thread like this be good?
I'd say so, it's always good for people to get to know a bit more about what happens away from the ring
Jdsm is offline  Top