View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #147
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Couldnt resist could you? I have learned alot since I joined about S&C and I still feel the same way you guys have a place in some camps not all, I have 8 guys and 2 have s&c guys which I recommended. All that I have revealed is on the internet in various articles. Check out Tom Hausers column's, or Charles Jay, Steve Kims. If you ck you will see my main reason for going back n forth, was that you were very loose with words describing coaches and I couldnt understand why you guys overcomplicate things, it's easier to cater to your audience instead of the audience catering to you. A little respect goes along ways, I respect anybody who helps a fighter reach his potential, we all work hard training and getting them ready. I know firsthand how important a good conditioner is, one of my guys won his title at a very high cost
http://youtu.be/O83Foe7Nb0c
FYI, my guy had an S&C guy, Leavander didn't, making weight for him was difficult, may he rest in peace. Leavander was a good guy and so was his family.
Don't be so sensitive, I was just joshing around pal
I was never trying to be disrespectful to boxing coaches, maybe I sounded like I was because I was trying to emphasise my point that they're good at what they do and S+C guys are good at what they do. I wouldn't get upset with you for saying that a S+C guy knows jackshit about boxing tactics in general so you shouldn't get upset with me when I say a boxing coach knows jackshit about conditioning in general. As you can see you get a lot of respect when you talk about things you have knowledge of, I don't recall getting that respect from you when I was talking about things I have knowledge of. You accused me of using big words you don't understand (I used those words to demonstrate that you don't have the expertise or understanding to make the comments you made, obviously if I was helping a coach and an athlete I'd be explaining it in simple and easy to understand terms) and in this thread you've said some things I don't understand. I'm not going to get upset with you if you say something regarding your area of expertise that I don't understand, that's my bad and my shortcoming. You weren't humble enough to think along those same lines but I don't hold that against you. I'm thanking you for this thread and I hope you continue to contribute
dealt_with is offline  Top